Erectile dysfunction is an incredibly common and equally frustrating issue. Estimates have 5% of men having severe ED at 40, while that number jumps up to 15% by the age of 70. An even larger number of men are dealing with mild to severe forms of the condition. The Priapus Shot® is a non-surgical treatment option available. It has proven to be highly effective, but is it right for you? Read on to discover what you should know about this treatment and whether or not it would be beneficial for you.
How it Works and Where the Name Came From
Priapus is a figure from Greek mythology. Not only was he a fertility god, but he was also known as the protector of male genitalia. He is famous in part for his very large and very permanent erection. It is easy to see why this treatment, which is so effective at combating erectile dysfunction, was named for this figure.
The Priapus Shot® is also sometimes referred to as the P-Shot®. This works on a few levels, since PRP, or platelet-rich plasma, is the key to how it works. PRP is a very useful material that is harvested from the patient’s own blood. The uses for PRP are still being discovered and explored. From the research done so far, we know that it is full of growth factors that can help rejuvenate tissue and restore it to its prior function.
After the injections, the growth factors will do many things. The list includes:
- Stimulating the production of new cells
- Repairing and extending the life of current cells
- Creating new blood vessels and capillaries
- Healing damaged blood vessels and capillaries
What to Expect with the Priapus Shot®
Like with any treatment, it is important to first have a consultation done. This step is key because it allows us to learn more about the issues you are having as well as other important medical information. You can also use this time to get any unanswered questions addressed.
When the day of treatment arrives, a small amount of your blood will need to be drawn from the arm. This is then spun at a very high speed to separate out the white and red blood cells. While this is happening, the penis is numbed. At this point, the injections can be given.
What are the Benefits?
There are many reasons why the Priapus Shot® has become so popular. After this treatment, men reported experiencing the following:
- Increased blood flow to the penis
- Easier time achieving and maintaining an erection
- Increase in length and girth (60% of men report gaining 1/2 an inch or more!)
- Boosted self-confidence in the bedroom
- Less or no pain in the penis during an erection, if applicable
- Increased sensitivity in the penis
- Increased spontaneity when it comes to intimacy
On top of the above benefits, men experiencing erectile dysfunction should consider this treatment because:
- Results can last one year or even longer
- There are no vascular side effects
- No systemic side effects due to the PRP coming from your own body
- Relatively quick results
What Results Can Be Expected?
It takes the body some time to grow the new tissue and blood vessels. That being said, many people report noticing improvement just one to three weeks after their treatment. Be prepared to wait up to three months to experience the full impact of the Priapus Shot®. Many men are also lucky enough to experience penis growth as the result of the PRP in this treatment. This can be up to an inch in girth and an inch in length.
Who is a Good Candidate?
This treatment is considered very safe due to the fact that the PRP comes straight from your own body. You may be a great candidate for the Priapus Shot® if you can answer yes to any of the following questions:
- Do you have a hard time getting or keeping an erection?
- Are traditional erectile dysfunction drugs not an option for you due to health reasons?
- Are the erectile dysfunction drugs simply not working as well anymore?
- Would you like to experience an increase in your girth and/or length?
- Are you concerned that your sex drive is slowing down?
- Has sensation seemed to diminish during intercourse?
Multiple yes answers may mean that the Priapus Shot® is the treatment option that you have been waiting for!
Get In Touch with Us for More Information
You can learn more about the Priapus Shot® and what it can do for you by making an appointment with Dermalase. At our convenient location in Frisco, ,our caring and experienced team of professionals will be able to explain this option in greater detail and answer any questions you may have. Contact us today to set up your consultation – we look forward to speaking with you!